The new Special Olympics Gibraltar Sports Complex near the Shrine was officially opened on Thursday evening by the Chief Minister. Also present were David Evangelista, President and Managing Director of Special Olympics, Europe Eurasia and the Minister for Sport Steven Linares. Around 250 athletes, friends, families and supporters were present for the event which included the raising of the Special Olympics flag and the unveiling of a plaque. Chief Minister Fabian Picardo said “What an honour and a pleasure to formally open the new Special Olympics Gibraltar sports hall in #Gibraltar with Special Olympics EU President David Evangelista… and our very own Annie Risso! It was fantastic to #MeetTheDetermined Gibraltarian Special Olympics athletes and to see successive Ministers for sport who have supported them, including Ernest Britto, an old parliamentary sparring partner and friend from the Gibraltar Parliament! I know that our community’s support for #SpecialOlympics knows no partisan bounds! Some things matter so much more than party politics!”
- ATHLETE FRANCIS MAURO FEATURES IN DAVID EVENGELISTA ARTICLE
- JUBILANT JELLE REACHES ROCK FUND-RAISING TARGET!!!
- SPECIAL OLYMPICS SELECTS KAZAN, RUSSIA TO HOST WORLD WINTER GAMES IN 2022
- LIFE IN LOCKDOWN FOR SPECIAL OLYMPICS ATHLETES
- SPECIAL OLYMPICS GIBRALTAR BLAST FROM THE PAST!
- MESSAGE FROM ANNIE RISSO
- SOG MAKES SPECIAL OLYMPICS GLOBAL NEWSLETTER
- SPECIAL OLYMPICS GIBRALTAR SPORTS COMPLEX OPENING AS REPORTED ON GBC